Unigames Committee Meeting #11 - 14/05/2024

by Chris Leak 14/05/24

Unigames Committee Meeting #11 - 14/05/2024

tags: committee meeting 2024


  • Josh
  • Connor
  • Jack
  • Chris
  • Gen
  • Cooper
  • Jeremy
  • Nene
  • Nix
  • Oscar
  • Jackie



Meeting scheduled: 4:00PM

Meeting open: 4:08PM


President's Report (Josh):

  • Free my man Joost
  • did a bunch of camp stuff
    • come get your tickets babyyyyy
  • SnoM
  • PhilSoc collab done, ready to advertise
  • Had meeting with leigh
  • We got a good grade in EMP

Vice President's Report (Connyah):

  • Helped run the Esports crossover, it was very successful!
  • Went on a food run
  • Attended the [REDACTED]n't meeting with Leigh n Tony
  • Absolutely freaked it
    • "What does this mean?" - Chris

Treasurer's Report (Jack):

  • esports club opening? more like guess the game™️
  • fresher campaign? more like project deadline™️ Account Balance: 14,755.62 dolars 🤑

Secretary's Report (Chris):

  • May have cringe failed and forgot to save the newsletter
    • Bright side, i know what i'm doing now
  • Going to Busso this weekend, don't worry about it
    • "I'm worried about it" - Jeremy

Librarian's Report (Gen):

  • it's bookbuy season!!!!! been researching
  • finally got the claws off
  • only two weeks of sem til exams!!! you got this everyone!!!!!

Fresher Rep's Report (Cooper):

  • I've been up to a whole lotta nothing. Gonna get started on camp stuff now that it's been announced

OCMs' Reports (Jeremy, Nene, Nix, Oscar):

  • Jeremy:
    • Esports event went well, helped out set up and running
    • assignments kicking my ass '~'
  • Nene:
    • attended esports invasion for a lil, had fun!
    • oobh i got plany off time.
    • i have won fortnite an undisclosed amount of times this week.
  • Nix:
    • need to finalise 40k tournament date and book it
    • dying of work
    • drinking the bubble tea that instantly kills you
  • Oscar:
    • i will never be able to go to a unigames event again
    • 10 days til end of Semester, 31 days til end of semester (real), 38 days til Unigames Camp, 130 days til Summit, 171 days til Halloween, 224 days til Christmas

Immediate Past President's Report (Jackie):

  • Jackie has attended: 11/11 (100% WR)== Meeting
    • you. yes you. buy your camp ticket
    • i finished camp poster & banner design
    • bank documents all printed and compiled
    • i have not been to a lecture in like. 4 weeks

Past Action Items:

Action Items:


Advertising for Week 12 Boardgames (in poggers)

Organise meeting with Leigh (done)


Do EOI for a Pokemon Limited Event (not done)

Do March/April Newsletter this week (in poggers)


(with Nene) Advertising for Little Guys, Little Games (not done)

Repair damaged games (in poggers)

Make up a Bloodbowl contents sheet (in poggers)

Add Ink and Funemployed to library (done)


(with Gen) Advertising for Little Guys, Little Games (not done)

redo open/close sign and gatekeeper list (in poggers)

laminate open/close sign, gatekeeper list and merch examples (not done)


EMP and Advertising for June Tournament (not done)


[Redacted] Advertising Design (done)

Organise Documentation for Bank Account (done)


Put your certificates in the certificates folder (done??)

Fill out [Redacted] job roster (in poggers)

Usual Suspects

Board Games

Esports Collab - Thursday 9/5 @ 4pm (Week 10)
  • It happened!
  • Attendance: around 65
  • Pizza did get eaten
  • Still need to transfer money for pizza and soda
    • $44.25 still owed
  • Discussion on managing noise during collaborative events
    • larger numbers
    • ensuring other clubs are aware of noise level requirements in cam hall
UWA PhilSoc Collab - Thursday 23/05 @ 4pm (Week 12)
  • In Unigames clubroom
  • Collaboration with UWA PhilSoc
  • Advertising materials have been received
  • Pizza organisation??

    Josh: Advertising for Week 12 Boardgames


Spire and Heart One-Shot Night - Thursday 16/5 @ 5pm (Week 11)
  • It's happening THIS WEEK!!!
  • In clubroom and loft
  • We got three games going:
    • Gibbi (Spire)
    • Connor (Spire)
    • Chris (Heart)
Little Guys, Little Games One-Shot Night - Wednesday 29/5 @4pm (Study Week)
  • Next Next Week
  • 4 GMs
  • EMP and venue booking approved

    Gen, Nene: Advertising for Little Guys, Little Games

Mork Bork One-shot Night - After exams
  • still planning


Booster Box Buying Bhenanigans
  • Box still gone??
    • Trying to find it
  • (holy cow!)
Magic: The Gavining
SNOM - 26/05 @ 11am (Week 12 sunday)
  • "It's not even vaguely organised, it's just done." - Josh

    Josh: SNOM EMP and Advertising

Future Pokemon events
  • Focus on Major, less frequent events
  • Get EOI for a draft or Pre-release-like event using Built & Battle Decks

    Chris: Do EOI for a Pokemon Limited Event

Modern Horizons 3 Pre-release - 9th of June
  • do we run it?
    • It's in the middle of exams


June Warhammer 40k Tournament - Mid-to-late-June
  • Nupdates
  • Similar details to last tournament

    Nix: EMP and Advertising for June Tournament

Blood Bowl Stuff
  • Planning to advertise second semester for freshers
  • Intro to Blood Bowl event

Fresher Campaigns

  • "Getting Lit" - Cooper
  • Nupdates

Access Department Collab!! - Tuesday 21/05 11am-1pm @ Access room - Week 12

  • It's soon
  • Come along!
Charity Vigil - 29/03 @ 4pm (Week 5)
  • cost distribution posted
Kittens and Krakens Camp - 5pm Friday 21/06 - 10am Monday 24/06
  • Put certificates in the drive
  • Put yourself on the Job Roster
  • Posters are up!
  • Tickets are being sold in the clubroom
    • $110, early bird gets you a $10 snack voucher (tm)
  • "Come" - Josh

    Everyone: Put your certificates in the certificates folder Everyone: Fill out Camp job roster

Far Future Events

Upcoming Subcommittees/Prospective Reps
  • Roleplay 4 Life - Chris, Nix
  • Relay 4 Life - Gen, Oscar (vibe it)
  • Quiz Night - Jack (Dark), Nix (Light)
  • Joint [Redacted]? - Jack, Cooper, Connor
    • UCC has paid deposit
    • Josh filled out the booking contract
  • Uncharity Vigil - Josh, Jeremy
  • Dice Bag Workship - Oscar, Gen
    • In the future at some point
    • Unrelated: Josh literally hits the griddy mid-meeting


  • Approved
    • $269.10 to Connor for Food Run
    • $585.75 to Gibbi for Booster Boxes
    • $566.10 to Jackie for food run
  • Pending

  • Unsubmitted

    • $44.25 to Esports for Pizza


Next SOCPAC Meeting

  • Next meeting 28/05

Wellbeing department meeting

  • one of two clubs in attendance
  • They said pretty much the same stuff as the wellbeing components of SLT training


  • Nupdates
  • Campus-wide declutter
    • Skip Bins
    • E-waste receptacles
    • June 17th-July 19th
  • Complaints
    • Be sure not to clutter the stairwells and walkways

General Business


  • No new Gatekeepers


  • No new Webkeepers

Room Updates

  • Carpets
    • Short discussion on what we are doing with the carpet tiles long-term
  • General room maintenance
    • Discussion on what we can do to keep the clubroom tidy
    • Started new gatekeeper list
      • Discussed Feedback
  • New Kallax, Small Shelf, Chairs
    • Could potentially use some of the new storage space to store the Stationery box/dice trays
  • Air Freshener in the morning

    Nene: redo open/close sign and gatekeeper list Nene: laminate open/close sign, gatekeeper list and merch examples


  • Flamecraft Splat Buy
    • unlikely to be in stock until late may
    • nupdates

      Gen: Repair damaged games Gen: Make up a Bloodbowl contents sheet

Book Buy

  • Send your suggestions in!
    • Facebook post
    • Discord channel
  • There is a pinned format for suggestions, make sure to use it! :book:

Food Runs

  • we've got dinsk

Phoenix Revival

  • Posted
  • Things people want (according to EOI):
    • Lesser played TTRPGS being spotlighted
    • Introductory articles about hobbies like wargaming
    • Talks with collab clubs and other interesting things
      • We'll try to put some interesting things in
    • Something casual/positive/not too self-serious but still sincere
    • Scripted playthroughs
      • a few ways interpret this, but all potentially interesting
    • 75% want it in booklet form
  • Discussion on stickers

    - Alternatives, as physical copies are still in question

  • Theme: Revival

Uploading Old Minutes

  • Nupdates


  • Chris will do that this week (again)

    Chris: Do March/April Newsletter this week

Committee Business

Club Bank Account

  • Jack, Connor, Josh are going to the bank
  • Got the documents ready
  • Commbank
    • $0 fees, no interest, free unlimited EFT transactions and cash withdrawals, free transactions in branch (deposits and withdrawals)
    • can link with a business card, link with a terminal (eh)
    • need to complete application form (linked on the site)
    • need to bring completed app + documentation

First Aid Training

  • Other Clubs have responded
  • Fill out whenisgood if you're involved (if you don't fill it out you won't get a say when it occurs)

Bloodbowl resources

  • Considering additional Bloodbowl resources
    • Playmats

      Jack: Look into bloodbowl playmats

Meeting closed: 5:38PM