Unigames Committee Meeting #14 - 04/06/2024

by Chris Leak 04/06/24

Unigames Committee Meeting #14 - 04/06/2024

tags: committee meeting 2024


  • Josh
  • Connor
  • Jack
  • Gen
  • Cooper
  • Jeremy
  • Nene
  • Nix
  • Jackie


  • Chris
  • Oscar


Meeting scheduled: 2:00PM

Meeting open: 2:09PM


President's Report (Josh):

  • EMP and advertising for prerelease: done
  • EMP and booking for first aid: done (didn't realise i had to even do an EMP woopsie)
  • 1/3 Exams done
    • Goodbye DSA I won't miss you
  • Hopefully the bank has called by now! (answer: i called them, and they are gonna call me back (supposedly))
  • Book buy alllllllmost sorted
  • Currently on a sleep every second night kinda schedule
  • Mostly been bashing my head against the wall with study

Vice President's Report (Connyah):

Treasurer's Report (Jack):

  • litle guys did litle games
  • Will sort out wargaming stuff sooon (sorry nix) Account Balance: 14,253.96 dolars

Secretary's Report (Chris):

  • No Report Given

Librarian's Report (Gen):

  • lil guys lil games was fun!! Thank you so much to all our GMs and everyone who came along
  • sourced some various boardgames
  • assigned marcielle by Joshua Annison
  • cype
  • finally used my whiteboard again
  • save me from exams

Fresher Rep's Report (Cooper):

  • did lil guys lil games. Dats it baybee

OCMs' Reports (Jeremy, Nene, Nix, Oscar):

  • Jeremy:
    • Welcome to my minutes >:)
    • Uhhhhh exams
    • Camp hype
    • lil guys lil games was funsies
  • Nene:
    • little guys little gamesed
    • signs (2002)
    • won fortnite 2 times this week
    • napped 4 times this week
  • Nix:
    • tournament is gonna be on the 7th of July for real this time
    • jack please buy the things
    • my bike sploded
  • Oscar:
    • He's so flu core fr fr
    • I can see you through the webcams >:)

Immediate Past President's Report (Jackie):

  • Jackie has attended: 13/13 (100% WR)== Meeting
    • some angle gets its wings when you buy camp tickets ... buy camp tickets!
    • helped with book buy things and post book buy meeting book buy things
    • what if i had to do a unit on project management but they wanted me to rote memorise things instead of using my 5 years of experience

Past Action Items:


EMP and advertising for MH3 Pre-release - Done


Do EOI for a Pokemon Limited Event - Not Done

Do March/April/May Newsletter this coming week - Done


BotC EMP and advertising - In Poggerz/Not Done

Repair damaged games - In Poggerz

Make up a Bloodbowl contents sheet - In Poggerz


Mork Borg EMP and Advertising - Not Done


Camp Boardgames EMP and Advertising - Not Done


redo open/close sign and gatekeeper list - Done

laminate open/close sign, gatekeeper list and merch examples - Done :D


EMP and Advertising for June Tournament - In Poggerz

Order Wargaming Supplies - Not Done


Camp Bank Transfer Setup - Done

Usual Suspects

Board Games

Camp Boardgames - Week of the 17th of June

Jeremy: Camp Boardgames EMP and Advertising

Blood on the Clocktower Updates - 16th of June 1-5pm
  • Discussing Future BotC events
    • BotC event on the 16th of June
  • Possible schedule for storytellers

    Gen: BotC EMP, advertising and storytelling EOI


Little Guys, Little Games One-Shot Night - Wednesday 29/5 @4pm (Study Week)
  • It happened
  • Two games
  • 9 Attendees (GMs not included)
Mork Bork One-shot Night - Week of the 1st of July
  • To do:
    • Message Mork Borgers
      • Jack Kay
      • David
      • Angus

        Cooper: Mork Borg EMP and Advertising

Maid One-Shot Night (Collab with UWAnime) - Week 8(?)
  • Collab? Swag.
  • Jackie messaging
  • We will need to provide a couple of GMs

    Nene: Sort out event - message UWAnime


Booster Box Buying Bhenanigans
  • New ONE! Thanks Gibbi
  • (holy cow!)
Magic: The Gavining
Future Pokemon events
  • Focus on Major, less frequent events
  • Get EOI for a draft or Pre-release-like event using Built & Battle Decks

    Chris: Do EOI for a Pokemon Limited Event

Modern Horizons 3 Pre-release - 9th of June @ 11am
  • Running it this weekend!

    Josh: EMP and advertising for MH3 Pre-release


July Warhammer 40k Tournament - July 7
  • Changed to July 7th
  • Decided to shift it so it isn't on the same weekend as another tournament
  • Also discussing dinsk options
  • Similar details to last tournament

    Nix: EMP and Advertising for July Tournament

Blood Bowl Stuff
  • Planning to advertise second semester for freshers
  • League close to finishing
  • Intro to Blood Bowl event
Wargaming Budget
  • Agreed on what to spend on
    • Terrain
    • Playmat
    • Objective Markers
    • Dice
    • 2 tables worth of this stuff

      Nix: Order Wargaming Supplies

Fresher Campaigns

  • "They're cool. They're really fun." - Cooper
  • Preparing to organise sem 2 Fresher Campaigns

Access Department Collab!!

  • Next one in semester 2

Laser Tag with eSports

  • Alex from eSports approached with idea
  • Including UCC and possibly UniSFA
  • Will need to send out something, in case there's too many that show up
  • Yes we would like
Charity Vigil - 29/03 @ 4pm (Week 5)

Connor: Send amount to Jack to send to UCC

Kittens and Krakens Camp - 5pm Friday 21/06 - 10am Monday 24/06
  • 10 tickets in the file
  • Put certificates in the drive
    • Scary Josh will be checking
  • Put yourself on the Job Roster
    • Done
  • Posters are up!
  • Bump post?
    • Josh will do today
    • With bank account details
  • Bloodbowl to be brought?
    • Yes
  • Tickets are being sold in the clubroom
    • $110, early bird gets you a $10 snack voucher (tm)
    • Now we have a bank account, we should be able to take bank transfers soon
  • We need to organise carpooling thread
  • "Come" - Josh AGAIN?!?!?

    Jackie: Camp Bank Transfer Setup Connor: Put carpool thread up

Far Future Events

Upcoming Subcommittees/Prospective Reps
  • Roleplay 4 Life - Chris, Nix
  • Relay 4 Life - Gen, Oscar (vibe it)
  • Quiz Night - Jack (Dark), Nix (Light)
  • Joint [Redacted]? - Jack, Cooper, Connor
    • UCC has paid deposit
    • Josh filled out the booking contract
  • Uncharity Vigil - Josh, Jeremy
  • Dice Bag Workship - Oscar, Gen
    • In the future at some point
    • Unrelated: Josh literally hits the griddy mid-meeting AGAIN


  • Approved
    • $44.25 to Esports for Pizza
    • $396 to Gibbi for Outlaws of Freaky Junction
    • $61.41 to Josh for Pizza
    • $7 to Nene for Laminating
  • Pending
  • Unsubmitted
    • $30 to David for Flamecraft Splat Buy
    • $300.10 to Clarice Turner for Food Run
    • $407.15 to Gen for Book Buy Purchases


Next SOCPAC Meeting

  • Previous Meeting
    • Got SLT dates
      • 26-27th June
      • 3rd-4th July
      • 10th-11th July
    • Up Markets?
      • Not for us
    • How to Club Guide Updating? Maybe?
    • Sem 1 Grants Due Date is 18th June
      • Jack may do this weekend (if freaky); otherwise next Tuesday
    • Affiliations all got in
  • Next meeting 28/05
    • That's tonight
    • "Good heavens!"


  • Nupdates
  • Campus-wide declutter
    • Skip Bins
    • E-waste receptacles
    • June 17th-July 19th

General Business


  • No new Gatekeepers


  • No new Webkeepers

Room Updates

  • New Kallax, Small Shelf, Chairs
    • Could potentially use some of the new storage space to store the Stationery box/dice trays


Book Buy

  • New games from Tactics
    • Aeon's End
    • Clank!
    • Girl By Moonlight
  • PDFs Bought:
    • Fabula Ultima
    • Alice is Missing
  • Shipping:
    • Warhammer Dice
    • Good Society
    • Mahjong
    • Sky Team
  • Still on the hunt for Ra (Might not be able to get from Tactics)
    • Proposed to wait to see if we can get Ra, if not then may get other stuffs
  • Warhammer Mat to be bought
    • Gen checks money to see if she can buy RIGHT NOW
    • Very intense discussion on aesthetic choice of mat

      Gen: Repair damaged games Gen: Make up a Bloodbowl contents sheet

Food Runs

  • we need more dinsk
  • We may do costco run for camp depending on how expensive some things are
  • Connor hates Coles and will NOT do next food run
    • I'm tired of doing them for a little bit please I need a break - Connor

Phoenix Revival

  • Posted Bump
    • Couple of people joined
  • Due date is start of Semester 2
  • Things people want (according to EOI):
    • Lesser played TTRPGS being spotlighted
    • Introductory articles about hobbies like wargaming
    • Talks with collab clubs and other interesting things
      • We'll try to put some interesting things in
    • Something casual/positive/not too self-serious but still sincere
    • Scripted playthroughs
      • a few ways interpret this, but all potentially interesting
    • 75% want it in booklet form
  • Theme: Revival

    Josh: Make a Phoenix submission link for next week

Uploading Old Minutes

  • Nupdates


  • Chris has uploaded newsletter! Read it!

Committee Business

Club Bank Account

  • It's here! :)

    Jackie: Pretty please add to How to Sell with bank details Josh: Write up announcement for gate and members on bank account

First Aid Training

  • Date is organised
    • Sunday 9th of June
    • If people are interested, they can go on the 20th.
  • It's happening

Advertising other clubs' events

  • Done

    Connor: put in UWAnime link

Cameron Hall collaborative Minecraft Factions server

  • UWAEsports have approached us about the possibility of a collaborative Minecraft Factions Server between the clubs of Cameron Hall
    • Possibilities involve potentially having factions for each of the clubs
    • Independent factions may form
    • Allows for chunk claiming, etc.
  • They have asked for some extra hands in administrating the server, as well as running the global events on the server
    • e.g. similar to the Helldivers Game Masters in managing the global plot
  • We have told them we are interested in helping make this happen.
  • Some points to keep in mind when organising
    • Managing character bleed, as a plot-based factions server can be compared to a LARP
      • There are tools and techniques we can use and provide to help combat character bleed

Meeting closed: 3:21PM