Unigames Committee Meeting #7 - 16/04/2024

by Chris Leak 16/04/24

Unigames Committee Meeting #7 - 9/04/2024

tags: committee meeting 2024


  • Josh
  • Connor
  • Jack
  • Chris
  • Gen
  • Jeremy
  • Nene
  • Nix
  • Oscar
  • Jackie


  • Cooper


Meeting scheduled: 4:00PM

Meeting open: 4:13PM


President's Report (Josh):

  • Tokyo: Alleyed
  • Pre: Released
  • Access: Collabed

Vice President's Report (Connyah):

  • Helped a tiiiiny bit at Tokyo Alley
  • V(ery)eepy

Treasurer's Report (Jack):

  • tokyo'd up the alley
  • i pretty pretty promise i will do sodey chart soon i just got jumpscared by projects that I definitely knew about Account Balance: 11,994.22 doler (hasn't changed since last week, but prerelease will soon change that

Secretary's Report (Chris):

  • Caught up on uploading minutes
  • Why does my coffee have not coffee stuff in it

Librarian's Report (Gen):

  • organised materials for and GM'd for good society oneshot night!! thank you so much to everyone who came ❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
  • Ran gotta go fast boardgames
  • went to Tykyo Alley for a bit (and got the coolest jacket)
  • went to access boardgames
  • turns out you have to do (so much) work in order to get grades. cringe.

Fresher Rep's Report (Cooper):

  • Not a whole lot, just vibing. Good society was neat too

OCMs' Reports (Jeremy, Nene, Nix, Oscar):

  • Jeremy:

    • Tokyo alley was a bit of a success me feels, did some definitely not advertising and got a new tcg to potentially try out with josh :eyelookingrespectfullyemoji:
    • Continuing to DM DMs 😃, so hopefully should have date sorted out...
    • Uh oh silly MTG commander deck ideas incoming...
  • Nene:

    • dexterity boardgames next week!
    • birpday boy
    • won fortnite 7 times this week
  • Nix:

    • good society night went pretty hard
    • adjusting date of the Warhammer tournament bc we live in a society
    • 9 days till I turn 18!!!
  • Oscar:

    • i die (turns out i might be lactose intolerant)
    • gotta go fast happened: i wasn't there bc i was busy getting ready to die (at larp)
    • nothing else to report
    • some number of days til stuff idk

Immediate Past President's Report (Jackie):

  • Jackie has attended: 7/7 (100% WR)== Meeting
    • i've researched banks
    • was at tokyo alley and had a stellar time (karlach i'm free monday-wednesday)
    • need to update unify and the window, can do tomorrow
    • my masters is putting me on the hot coals but my brain is adding more fire

Past Action Items:


Casual Painting Event EMP, Advertising (Done) Message Swancon about volunteers (Done)


EMP and advertising for Esports Collab (In progress)


(with Jeremy) Redo fridge price list (not done)


Contact GMs for Spire and Heart One-Shot (not done) Figure out Pokemon Booster Boxes (not done) EMP and Advertising for April SAP (not done) Do March/April Newsletter (not done)


Repair damaged games (in progress) Make up a Bloodbowl contents sheet (not done) Make post about respecting library items (done)


EMP and Advertising for DnD Oneshot Night (in progress) (with Jack) Redo fridge price list (not done)


EMP and Advertising for May Tournament (in progress) x Jackie: Research further options for bank account (done)

Usual Suspects

Board Games

Gotta Go Fast Boardgames - Wednesday 10/04 @ 1pm (Week 6)
  • That was last week!
  • It went fast
  • Got some good feedback
  • Attendance: 10
Dexterity Boardgames - Monday 22/04 @ 4pm (Week 8)
  • e.g. Hamsterrolle, Junkart, Bamboleo, Tokyo Highway,
Week 10 Boardgames - Week 10
  • with E-sports
  • competitive board games

    Connor: EMP and advertising for Esports Collab


The Good Society Oneshot Night - Monday 15/4 @ 4pm Week 7
  • 2 games
  • Received good feedback
  • Got some people interested in The Good Society
  • Attendance: 12
Dungeons and Dragons 5e Oneshot Night - Friday 3/5 Week 9
  • GMs messaged
  • collecting responses for availability
  • May be worth booking the CCZ

    Jeremy: EMP and Advertising for DnD Oneshot Night

Spire and Heart One-Shot Night - Week 11
  • nupdates

    Chris: Contact GMs for Spire and Heart One-Shot


Booster Box Buying Bhenanigans
  • GG says 189 for thunder junction box market is 260
  • Thunder Junction box almost out
  • We'll contact GGs

    Chris: Figure out Pokemon Booster Boxes

Magic: The Gavining
Tactics issues
  • Event-link organisation
    • We need to organise/find our old account
    • Otherwise, we will not get pre-release kits
  • "I'll organise it, for a month from now"

    Joshua: SNOM EMP and Advertising

Pokemon SAP - 27/04 @ 1pm (Week 8 saturday)
  • Chris'll do it

    Chris: Advertising for April SAP

Outlaws of Thunder Junction Prerelease - 14th of April 2024 @ 11am (Week 6)
  • Attendance: 19
  • Ran decently well, considering the interruptions
  • Feedback from a member: not the worst pre-release they've attended
  • 5 new members (whe-hey)
TCG Expression of Interest
  • Yu-Gi-Oh
  • Shadowverse Evolve
  • Key-forge
  • One Piece
  • Flesh and Blood

    Josh: Make TCG EOI form


May Warhammer 40k Tournament - Sunday 19th of May (Exam study week)
  • Planning
  • Similar details to last tournament

    Nix: EMP and Advertising for May Tournament

Blood Bowl Stuff
  • Planning to advertise second semester for freshers
  • Intro to Blood Bowl event
Casual Painting Event - Wednesday 17/04 @ 2pm Week 7
  • It's Tomorrow!!
  • Just casual, please come!

Fresher Campaigns

  • Nupdates??

Access Department Collab!! - Tuesday 16/04 11am-1pm - Week 7

  • It happened!
  • Attendance: 9

Tokyo Alley - 10am to 5pm - Saturday 13th of April (Week 6) at Convention Center

  • Feedback
    • There were people that came up to talk to us that mentioned Unigames
    • Some people were interested
    • Ran smoothly
  • Met Nick Young
  • Bunch of Cam Hallers were there
  • Advice to next year's 'mittee
    • It's not a do or die event but it doesn't hurt
    • Make sure they are transparent with all relevant costs
  • Artist alley was a little cramped, but less cramped than some other cons
Charity Vigil - 29/03 @ 4pm (Week 5)
  • Still waiting on UCC for cost distribution
Last Uncharity Vigil
  • Still waiting for Distribution now

Far Future Events

Unigames [Redacted] - Not that Soon
  • roles sorted
  • name sorted
Upcoming Subcommittees/Prospective Reps
  • Roleplay 4 Life - Chris, Nix
  • Relay 4 Life - Gen, Oscar (vibe it)
  • Quiz Night - Jack (Dark), Nix (Light)
  • Joint [Redacted]? - Jack, Cooper, Connor
    • poked UCC
  • Uncharity Vigil - Josh, Jeremy
  • Dice Bag Workship - Oscar, Gen
    • In the future at some point


  • Approved
  • Pending
  • Unsubmitted
    • $25 to Gen for Vzonk
    • $1140 to Josh for Prerelease


SLT Training

  • There be some new times


General Business


  • Please welcome our new gatekeeper:
    • Alex (Texas) Bennett


  • No new Webkeepers

Room Updates

  • Carpets
    • Nupdates
  • New Kallax, Small Shelf, Chairs


  • Flamecraft Splat Buy
    • unlikely to be in stock until late may
    • nupdates

      Gen: Repair damaged games Gen: Make up a Bloodbowl contents sheet

Gen Donation

  • New Markers for Just One

Swancon - 20-21st of April

  • Gen can go on the Sunday
    • Ticket got

Food Runs

  • we need more dinsk
  • Connor and Nene after meeting foodrun

Phoenix Revival

  • EOI was put out!
  • 8 responses (slay)
  • Things people want:
    • Lesser played TTRPGS being spotlighted
    • Introductory articles about hobbies like wargaming
    • Talks with collab clubs and other interesting things
      • We'll try to put some interesting things in
    • Something casual/positive/not too self-serious but still sincere
    • Scripted playthroughs
      • a few ways interpret this, but all potentially interesting
    • 75% want it in booklet form
  • Josh will start working on a Phoenix planning pdf

Uploading Old Minutes

  • Nupdates


  • Chris will do that

    Chris: Do March/April Newsletter

Committee Business

Club Bank Account research

  • This week we lock in intended use of bank account
  • suggested Commbank due to WestPac's security password requirement
  • Proposed: All purchases excluding consumable purchases (snacks and drinks)
    • Any other exceptions can be handled on a case-by-case basis
    • Waiting to confirm until Jack is here

First Aid Training

  • Requested to organise it
  • Will put feelers out for scheduling

    Jackie: Ask around about NAB Meeting closed: 5:30 PM