Unigames Committee Meeting #9 - 30/04/2024

by Chris Leak 30/04/24

Unigames Committee Meeting #9 - 30/04/2024

tags: committee meeting 2024


  • Josh
  • Connor
  • Jack
  • Chris
  • Gen
  • Cooper
  • Jeremy
  • Nene
  • Nix
  • Oscar
  • Jackie



Meeting scheduled: 4:00PM

Meeting open: 4:08PM


President's Report (Josh):

  • [Redacted] EMP This close to being submitted
    • I did other things
  • Did the event suggestions announcement
  • Busy Bee (Nodding emoji)
  • Another mystery key for the mystery key collection

Vice President's Report (Connyah):

  • Furthered the organisation of the Esports joint event
  • Did [REDACTED] menu breakdown, budget and RMP
  • No more sunshine in the NBA playoffs o7

Treasurer's Report (Jack):

  • billions bee busy bee Account Balance: 12,946.57 dolars

Secretary's Report (Chris):

  • Bee: Busied
  • Rizz BackJack
    • Jack BizzRizz

Librarian's Report (Gen):

  • attended busy bee
  • done maths
  • so many maths

Fresher Rep's Report (Cooper):

OCMs' Reports (Jeremy, Nene, Nix, Oscar):

  • Jeremy:

    • DnD Oneshot Poster Posted ! I hope it is SEVERELY enjoyable
    • also also the EMP and advertising were done
    • YIPPEE oneshot on Friday, everyone better go!
    • Attended bizzy B
    • the wiggler has been found >:)
  • Nene:

    • haven't done much yet again although i am now food safe
    • hatsune miku in magic the gathering
    • ive won fortnite 1 time this week
  • Nix:

    • 40k tournament has been rescheduled to be after exams
    • bloodbowl s2 is coming up I should prooobably discuss how I can help with that
    • oh lawd it rainin
  • Oscar:
    • we so tired chat
    • 53 days til end of semester, 192 days til Halloween, 247 days til Christmas, 144 days til Summit

Immediate Past President's Report (Jackie):

  • Jackie has attended: 9/9 (100% WR)== Meeting
    • news: i'm free from covid finally
    • smashed together a redacted logo
    • have been helping (with knives) with redacted organisation
    • bank stuff in progress (not complete sorry but can get it done by thursday latest)

Past Action Items:

Action Items:


Announcement for Event Suggestions in Feedback (Done)

[Redacted] EMP and risk management (In Poggers)


advertising for Esports Collab (Done)

(with Jack) EMP and Advertising for Week 12 Boardgames (Not Done)


(with Connor) EMP and Advertising for Week 12 Boardgames (Not Done)


Contact GMs for Spire and Heart One-Shot (In Poggers)

Talk to GGs about Pokemon Booster Boxes (Not Done)

Do March/April Newsletter (Not Done)


(with Nene) Contact GMs for Little Guys Little Games (Done)

Repair damaged games (In poggers)

Make up a Bloodbowl contents sheet (Not Done)


EMP and Advertising for DnD Oneshot Night (Done)


(with Gen) Contact GMs for Little Guys Little Games (Done)


EMP and Advertising for May Tournament (Not Done)


[Redacted] Advertising Design (In Poggers)

Organise Documentation for Bank Account (In Poggers)

Usual Suspects

Board Games

Esports Collab - Thursday 9/5 @ 4pm (Week 10)
  • It's happening!
  • Advertising done
  • May have large numbers
    • at least 50
  • $100 for Pizza?
Thonking Board Games - Week 12
  • Potential collab with PhilSoc

    Connor, Jack: EMP and Advertising for Week 12 Boardgames


Dungeons and Dragons 5e Oneshot Night - Friday 3/5 Week 9
  • GMs messaged
  • collecting responses for availability
  • May be worth booking the CCZ
Spire and Heart One-Shot Night - Week 11
  • updates
    • waiting on one response

      Chris: EMP and advertising for Spire and Heart One-Shot Night - Week 11

Little Guys, Little Games One-Shot Night - Study Week

Gen, Nene: EMP and Advertising for Little Guys, Little Games

Mork Bork One-shot Night - After exams
  • still planning


Booster Box Buying Bhenanigans
  • New box
  • It's pretty full
  • won't need a new one until at least next week (holy cow!)
Pokemon Booster Boxes
  • nupdates
Magic: The Gavining
Tactics issues
  • Gibbi talked with Dan GoodGames
    • If we are desperate for more Prerelease packs and Tactics are out, GoodGames are cool supplying a couple of extra ones
  • "Vaguely organised" - Josh

    Joshua: SNOM EMP and Advertising

Pokemon SAP - 27/04 @ 1pm (Week 8 saturday)
  • SAP is dead
  • Attendance: 2
Future Pokemon events
  • Focus on Major, less frequent events
  • Get EOI for a draft or Pre-release-like event using Built & Battle Decks

    Chris: Do EOI for a Pokemon Limited Event


June Warhammer 40k Tournament - Mid-to-late-June
  • Nupdates
  • Similar details to last tournament
  • Moved to June

    Nix: EMP and Advertising for June Tournament

Blood Bowl Stuff
  • Planning to advertise second semester for freshers
  • Intro to Blood Bowl event

Fresher Campaigns

  • Nupdates

Access Department Collab!! - Tuesday 21/05 11am-1pm @ Access room - Week 12

  • Come along!
Charity Vigil - 29/03 @ 4pm (Week 5)
  • Working on cost distribution

Far Future Events

Unigames [Redacted] - Very Kinda Soon
  • Put certificates in the drive
  • Put yourself on the Job Roster

    Everyone: Put your certificates in the certificates folder Everyone: Fill out [Redacted] job roster Josh: [Redacted] EMP and risk management Jackie: [Redacted] Advertising Design

Upcoming Subcommittees/Prospective Reps
  • Roleplay 4 Life - Chris, Nix
  • Relay 4 Life - Gen, Oscar (vibe it)
  • Quiz Night - Jack (Dark), Nix (Light)
  • Joint [Redacted]? - Jack, Cooper, Connor
    • UCC has paid deposit
  • Uncharity Vigil - Josh, Jeremy
  • Dice Bag Workship - Oscar, Gen
    • In the future at some point


  • Approved
  • Pending
    • $25 to Genevieve for ZVonk
    • $50 to Genevieve for Swancon
    • $267.38 to Nene for Costco Food Run
    • $1140 to Josh for Prerelease
  • Unsubmitted
    • $269.10 to Connor for Food Run



General Business


  • No new Gatekeepers


  • No new Webkeepers

Room Updates

  • Carpets
    • Short discussion on what we are doing with the carpet tiles long-term
  • General room maintenance
    • Discussion on what we can do to keep the clubroom tidy
  • New Kallax, Small Shelf, Chairs
    • Could potentially use some of the new storage space to store the Stationery box/dice trays

      Nene: Make new gatekeeper list


  • Ink is in
    • printers rejoice
  • Flamecraft Splat Buy
    • unlikely to be in stock until late may
    • nupdates

      Gen: Repair damaged games Gen: Make up a Bloodbowl contents sheet Gen: Add Ink and Funemployed to library

Food Runs

  • we need more energy dinsk
    • wait for a future food run

Phoenix Revival

  • Josh's plan is to piffle-esque announcement to gauge interest for contributors
  • Things people want:
    • Lesser played TTRPGS being spotlighted
    • Introductory articles about hobbies like wargaming
    • Talks with collab clubs and other interesting things
      • We'll try to put some interesting things in
    • Something casual/positive/not too self-serious but still sincere
    • Scripted playthroughs
      • a few ways interpret this, but all potentially interesting
    • 75% want it in booklet form

Uploading Old Minutes

  • Nupdates


  • Chris will do that

    Chris: Do March/April Newsletter

Committee Business

Club Bank Account research

  • suggested Commbank due to WestPac's security password requirement
  • Jackie talked to Lorenzo about NAB
    • Fine, but requires to be incorporated
      • yeah we ain't doing that
  • Commbank
    • $0 fees, no interest, free unlimited EFT transactions and cash withdrawals, free transactions in branch (deposits and withdrawals)
    • can link with a business card, link with a terminal (eh)
    • need to complete application form (linked on the site)
    • need to bring completed app + documentation
  • Motion to Authorise the opening of a Commbank Society Cheque Account on behalf of Unigames.
    • Passes Unanimously
    • Authorised Signatories: President (Joshua Annison), Vice President (Connor Brennan), Treasurer (Jack Bariss)

      Jackie: Organise Documentation for Bank Account

First Aid Training

  • Notified other clubs that we are organising
  • Put feelers out for scheduling
    • will poke again

Meeting closed: 5:55PM